Acquired Tufted Angioma at Scanning Magnification Scanning magnification of acquired tufted angioma (ATA) shows scattered lobular collections of vessels in the superficial and deep dermis. The lobules bulge into dilated vessels, with a few peripheral semilunar spaces identified.
• Acquired tufted angioma (ATA)
• Tufted hemangioma
• Angioblastoma (of Nakagawa)
• Progressive capillary hemangioma
• Multiple cannonball-like, scattered cellular collections of small vessels in dermis
• Most cases sporadic; rare familial case described
• Some cases associated with pregnancy or liver transplantation